Mortgage Loan Processor
Job Summary: Reports directly to the Mortgage Division Director. Performs a variety of duties both clerical and technical. Major responsiblities include coordinating the processing of all mortgage loans following application, through closing and assisting post-closer with delivery of loans into the secondary market. This job is customer focused and the position works closely with borrowers, loan originators, underwriters and post closers.
- Support Loan Originators (sales team) by working with clients after intial pre-qualification to gather documetation to meet product guildelines and then submit fully documented files to the loan underwriter.
- Review client documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and reconcile with loan application data.
- Submit loans to Automated Underwriting Systems (AUS) and review findings to determine documentation needs are met and to follow up on additional items required per the findings.
- Coordinate and establish closing dates and times with customers, closing attorney and afflilated parties such as Realtors and builders.
- Proactively communicate with customers at crutical junctures during the loan process to ensure that the customer is engaged and informed.
- Work with loan originators to manage the application pipeline to ensure efficeint loan approvals, timely closings and that deadlines are met.
- Order and review all third party documentation required for loan files such as credit reports supplements, appraisals, title commitments, flood certifications, etc to document file for underwriting and approval.
- Prepare accurate Closing Disclosures and loan closing documents utlizing the bank's loan origination software and thrid party document vendor.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist with all customer, employee, and realtor inquires.
- Perform a variety of e-filing functions and preparation of various reports.
- Assist other teammates within the department.
- Accepts all other duties assigned.
Position requires accuracy and ability to coordinate and prioritize workday effeciently. Individual must be a self-starter, conscientious, comfortable with details, able to exhibit professionalism in communication skills, possess excellent typing skills, and must be able to perform under pressure while meeting deadlines. Previous mortgage experience and familiarity with Calyx software is beneficial.