The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the design, the development, the delivery and the implementation of customized training and development programs.
The role will conduct needs assessments with business unit leaders and managers to design and develop engaging and interactive institutional-focused learning programs which they will deliver through a range of methods (web-based training, instructor led, eLearning, etc.).
This Specialist assists with developing evaluation criteria items that measure the effectiveness of each learning solution. The specialist works independently under general supervision of the Vice President of Development and Training. Specific responsibilities include:
· Works with internal and external Subject Matter Experts: consisting of Employees, Partners and End Users to identify training needs and achieve strategic business goals.
· Develop and design training documentation: course curriculum, participant guides, training manuals, course materials, leader guides, learning activities, and job aides to enhance the performance and development of employees
· Participate in training needs analysis through various methods and assist assigned customers with the development of an appropriate performance-based action plan.
· Participate in meetings with Team Leaders, Managers, Directors, Leadership Team to provide input regarding workflow and system enhancements to ensure the appropriate level of service is available to the Business Unit.
· Leverages various learning tools to create blended learning solutions that include web-based Learning Management System (LMS) training, online learning activities, and online testing and certification
· Designs and develops LMS solutions, including instructional strategies, training content, job aids, and assessment items using sound instructional design principles.
· Creates e-learning storyboards and content.
· Programs e-learning courses using the applicable software.
· Runs the testing of e-learning modules to ensure quality assurance of the training design and the technical operation of classes in the LMS.
· With Development and Training Vice President, develops and tracks metrics that evaluate training effectiveness, transfer-of-training evaluations, and return on investment calculations.
· Develops supporting materials for training events, including but not limited to marketing materials, employee/learner communications, and job aids.
· Stays current with best-practice and emergent technologies in the learning industry.
Minimum Qualifications Education: Bachelor's Degree in IT, Instructional Design, or related field preferred. Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
Experience with multiple web design technology tools such as HTML and development platforms (i.e. Captivate, Camtasia, JAVA, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite, Snagit, Articulate Studio, Storyline, etc.). Experience publishing courseware using e-learning standards (SCORM and AICC). Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite tools.
Experience: 4 years' experience in instructional design or training development experience preferred. In lieu of educational requirements, experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
· Demonstrated skills and experience using adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies to develop training (instructor-led, self-study, web-based, virtual).
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while accomplishing daily tasks.
· Commitment to providing quality customer service.
· Strong attention to details.
· Solid written/communication skills.
· Collaborating and team-oriented.
· Support the company values and mantra (Thrive Here)
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Prior experience managing a Learning Management System a plus.