General Office Tasks
- Answer phone calls from patients or other professionals
- Manage and operate EMR (E-Clinical Works)
- Clean the exam rooms, such as disinfecting the surgical tools, changing the exam room table sheet, etc.
- Schedule, cancel and reschedule patient appointments using ECW
- Cleaning and disinfecting communal areas such as the waiting room and break room
- Order surgical supplies through McKesson
- Perform reminder calls for patient’s procedures
- Call in prescriptions to pharmacies
- Verifying patients’ Health Insurance eligibility.
- Calculate and communicate expected copay, coinsurance and deductible due to patients.
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on physician availability
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility.
- Check the validity of debit accounts.
- Ensure all patients remain informed of their outstanding debts and deadlines.
- Provide solutions to any related patient’s problems or inquiry in a professional manner.
- Prepare the new Bariatric & General Surgery consult visit folders
- Schedule office and surgery visits
- Submit prior authorizations to insurance and contact medical specialists for patient clearances
- Fax over patient referrals and stay in constant communication to ensure the patient has been seen by the specialist
- Review and asses pathology reports
- Answer and relay post-surgery symptomatic concerns from patients to physician
- Perform patient intake (weight, blood pressure, temperature, review medical history)
· Graduate level education
- Great interpersonal skills and willingness to give self to continue learning.
· Adherence to laws and best practices in regards to dealing with patients and data
· Familiarity with CPT/ICD 10 Coding, MS Office (particularly Excel) and E-Clinical Works EMR